Once an image is inserted into a word document it can be edited and formatted in a way that the subject is accented. You do not need to use sophisticated programs to make it happen. This article takes you through how to remove transparent background in word online.
To remove the background of an image in Word Online, click on the image to select it. Once the image is selected you will have the picture formatting menu. From the options available click on Remove Background. You can now choose to either mark areas to keep or mark areas to remove. Click on save changes after you have deleted the background.
How to remove transparent background in word online?
Transparent backgrounds in Word might not be visible but they surely occupy space. This makes it difficult to wrap text around the image. This section takes you through how to remove a transparent background in word online.
- Start by opening the document in the desktop application. This option is located under Editing in the top menu.
- Click on Editing and you will have a dropdown menu.
- From the options available click on Open in Desktop App.
You will now have the desktop application on your screen. Here are the steps you can follow to remove a transparent background.
- Click on the image to select it.
- You will see the borders of the image and the space that it occupies. Once the image is selected you will also see a picture format menu in the top ribbon of the document.
- Under the Picture format tab, you will see a Remove Background option. Click on it
- The process to remove the background in an image is fairly simple in Word. Most of the work will be done as soon as you select the remove background option.
- You will then be required to make minor adjustments to the picture.
- As it is already a transparent background you should achieve the results you desire in just this one step.
How to remove a picture background in Word?
If you are wondering how to transparent background in Microsoft word here are the steps you can follow.
- Click on the image to select it. Once the image is selected you will have a border around it with tabs to increase or decrease the size. You will also have a rotating tab on the top.
- Along with this, you will also have a Picture format tab active in the top ribbon of the document.
- Click on the picture format tab for the Remove background option.
- Selecting remove background will remove most of the background color of the image selected
- You can then go back over the image with the free-form drawing pencil and Mark areas to keep or Mark areas to Remove. This way you can remove the background color still present.
- While using these options all you need to do is click on the option you would like to select > then move on the image and left-click > without releasing the click draw around the portion to remove or keep.
- After removing the background your image can be moved around the document by selecting and dragging. You can also use the wrap text options to format the text around the document.
How to make picture background transparent in Word?
If you are using an image as a background in Word it is better to increase transparency. This simply means that the image is lighter and you will be able to read the text that is laid over it. Here are the steps you can follow to make an image into a transparent background.
- Start by inserting an image into the document. Be sure to choose an image that is not too dark or something that has too many elements that would hamper the legibility of the document.
- After the image is selected and inserted into the document click on it.
- Clicking the image will enable the Picture Format tab in the top ribbon of the document.
- Click on Transparency from among the options available.
- You can choose the degree of transparency from the options available. You could also select Picture Transparency options. This will open an extended menu on the right of the screen.
- Here you can change different aspects of the image. Right from the temperature to the saturation. At the bottom of this menu, you will see the Picture Transparency option.
- Use the slider to increase or decrease the transparency of the image.
- Once you have altered the transparency place the image where you would like it.
- To use this image as a background you will need to send the image to the background.
- This option is in Wrap text. Simply click on the image and select wrap text. Now select the move-to-back option
How can I change the background picture in Word?
When images are added into a word document as a watermark or a background you can follow these steps to change the image.
- Locate and open the document you would like to work on
- Start by clicking on the Layout tab in the top ribbon of the document on Mac systems. On Windows systems on the other hand you can click on the Design tab.
- From the options available click on Watermark.
- You can now customize the watermark using the options available.
- Click on Picture and you can add an image from over the internet or from your computer.
- You can then alter the transparency of the image and set it as a background image for the document you are working on.
If you want to remove the watermark added to the document you can go to design > watermark and > select No watermark. That way you will get rid of the image that is in the background of the text on your document.
This tutorial article took you through the ways in which you can alter the background of an image in Word. It also looked at adding an image to documents as watermarks and editing these images. Similarly, the article traced how to increase the transparency of images to set them as background images.
Hope you found this article helpful and interesting. Check out similar articles here.
- How to do a hanging indent on word online?
- How to insert a line in word online?
- Insert shapes in Microsoft word online
- How to insert a text box in word online?
- How to make a graph in word online?
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.