Speech bubbles are fun and those of you who have read a comic know how important they are. Though speech bubbles are common in comics their function is not limited. This article tutorial looks at How to make a speech bubble on Word Online. It also looks at how to add text to speech bubbles.
To insert a speech bubble into a Word online document click on the Insert tab in the top ribbon of the document. From the options select Shapes. Scroll down to the callouts section and click on the one you would like to add. Once selected simply drag and add the callout to the document.
How to make a speech bubble on Word Online?
As Word online has only basic functions and formatting options you do not have too many options when it comes to speech bubbles. Nonetheless, here is how to add a speech bubble if you are using Word online.
- Login to Word online, locate and open the document you would like to work on
- Once you have the document open click on the spot where you would like to add the speech bubble.
- Now go to the Insert tab in the top ribbon of the document
- From the options click on Drawing
You will have a popup window
- Click on Insert and then on Shapes
- You will have a drop-down menu
- You have one shape that looks like a speech bubble, click on it.
- You will then need to drag and add it to the canvas
- After you have formatted it click on Save and close in the top right
- The shape will be added to the document.
- To edit the shape double-click on it, the changes will need to be made from the drawing preview popup.
How to put text in a speech bubble in Word?
On the desktop version of Word online, you have more formatting options. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to insert a callout in Word.
- Locate and open the word document by double-clicking on it
- Scroll through the document and click where you need the speech bubble to appear. The cursor should blink at the spot
- Click on the Insert tab in the top ribbon of the document
- From the options in the tab click on Shapes. You will have a dropdown with the various shapes you can add to the document.
- Scroll down to the callouts section
- From here you can choose the shape and style you like.
To add the callout to the document you will need to click and drag after selecting the shape.
The shape, color, and other aspects of the callout can be changed at any time by clicking on it > selecting it > and then using the formatting tools.
How to add text to a speech bubble in Word?
Once you add a speech bubble to the document you can add text at any time. Not only can you add text but also format it at any time. This section looks at how to add text to a callout in Word.
- Start by clicking on the callout to select it
- After selecting the callout you can make changes to the shape or color or other aspects using the Shape format option.
- Add text to the callout by clicking
- To format text use the options in the Home tab
How to make a fillable speech bubble in Word?
You can add a speech bubble to a word document and print it without adding text. You can also add multiple speech bubbles and use it at Parties, as activities for kids, and much more. Here is how to insert a blank speech bubble into a document.
- Locate and open the Word document you would like to work on
- Move the cursor to the spot where you would like the bubble
- Click on the Insert tab
- Go to Shapes. You will have a dropdown menu.
- Scroll down to callouts
- Click on the design you like
- Drag and place it in the document.
To duplicate speech bubbles follow these steps.
- Click on the speech bubble and select it
- Use the copy option in the Home tab or use keyboard shortcuts to copy. Ctrl + C on Windows and Command + C on Mac
- Now click where you would like the second bubble
- Use the paste option in the home tab or use keyboard shortcuts. Ctrl + V on Windows and Command + V on Mac.
You can repeat this as many times as you like.
Here is how to print speech bubbles.
Once you have added speech bubbles to the document you can print them easily.
- Click on File in the top ribbon
- From the options click on Print
- Make the desired changes in the page layout or number of copies and print.
You can also use the keyboard shortcut Command + P on Mac and Ctrl + P on Windows for the print menu.
How to create speech bubbles printable pdf in Word?
Speech bubbles created in Word can easily be converted into printable PDFs. Follow these steps
- Start by creating the speech bubble and formatting it the way you need it.
- Now click on File
- You will see Save As or Save a copy.
- Change the file name
- Click on the arrow near File format
- From the options click on PDF
- Now click on Export.
The Word document will convert into a PDF. To print simply open the PDF and click on the print option.
Multiple choice bubbles in Microsoft Word?
Multiple choice bubbles or fill-in bubbles are bubbles that you can use in your Word document. Here is how you can create multiple-choice answer sheets on your Word document. You can use this method for other multiple-choice question-and-answer formats.
- Open the Word document you would like to work on
- Enter the question or questions
There are two ways you can do this using a table or without a table. Here is how to do it using a table
- Click on the Insert tab.
- Go to Table and you will have a dropdown menu. From here you can choose the number of rows and columns you would like to add.
- Once you have the table add the content
After you have added the content you can add bubbles
- Click on the Insert tab
- Go to Shapes and you will have a drop-down menu
- Go to basic shapes and click on the circle.
As a default, the circle will come filled in. To use it as a bubble remove the existing color.
- Click on the bubble to select. Once the bubble is selected you will have the Shape Format tab.
- Go to shape fill
- From the options click on white or the color of your page
- The bubble should look like this.
To create a multiple-choice sheet you will need to copy the bubble and paste it against the other questions or answers.
This tutorial looked at how to make a speech bubble on Word Online. We went over how to use the limited formatting options in Word online to create speech bubbles. The article then looked at how to add callouts using the desktop version of Word. Finally, it explored how to add bubbles for multiple-choice questions.
You may also like the following word online tutorials:
- How to make Word Online table of contents hyperlink?
- How to change pdf to Word Online?
- How to put spacing between bullet points in Word Online?
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.