Word online is a great platform that helps users collaborate. You can share the documents you are working on with colleagues and also get comments and inputs. This article takes you through how to check who has access to word online.
To check who has access to the document you are working on click on the share option. If you are the owner of the document you will be able to add or remove specific people from the list. Another way in which you can check for a list of contributors is by accessing the document from the cloud and going to the shared section.
How to check who has access to word online?
Knowing who has access to the document you are working on is important. This gives you a fair idea of the major contributors and you can also check and edit permissions given to users.
In this section, we will take you through the various ways in which you can check who has access to the document you have shared.
- You will first need to locate and access the document you would like to get more information on. For this, you can log in to wordonline.com enter your credentials and open the document.
- Once you have the document open you will need to check if you are in the Editing mode.
- Now click on Share
- Once you click on the share option you will get a popup menu with various options.
- This list of people listed as collaborators will show here. You will also be able to add more collaborators or delete existing ones.
- To add collaborators start by typing in their email addressed in the bar below.
- To remove collaborators simply click on the X sign near the email id.
- You can, from this menu edit the permissions people have.
- At the bottom of the popup menu, you will see the list of collaborators.
- Click on the settings section.
- Here you can have different settings for different individuals or have one general setting for all.
- You could also enable viewing or editing rights to anyone with the link.
- Once you have selected the permissions collaborators have and are done editing the list of people who can access the document simply click on apply.
Check out this article on How to make MLA format in Word Online
How can I tell who has access to my OneDrive?
All the documents created on word online are saved in One Drive. You can access these files by logging in to the one drive webpage.
Another options users have is to download the desktop application of one drive and sync all the files that they edit or create. Here is how you can see who has access to your drive.
- Start by logging in to one drive from your computer. If you have the desktop application you can select the view online option.
- The interface of this site is fairly simple as it gives you a quick access list on the right.
- You can scroll down and click on Shared.
- You will now have a list of all the documents you have shared and the people you have shared them with.
- By clicking on the My content menu you can find details on shared files.
- Here you will have a Shared folder that gives you an overview of all the documents shared. You will also have a list of collaborators.
Another option to know if the document is shared is to look through the one drive folder. If you have this icon near a file. It means that the file is shared you can click on the file for more information on whom the file is shared with.
Another important point to consider is that anyone who has access to your login credentials will have access to your drive. As the files are on the cloud all you need is the login ID and password.
How to check who has access to word online on Android devices
A lot can be done using Phones and tablets. On Android devices, you can start by downloading the Word application from the play store. You can then log in to your account and sync the data. This will make it easier to collaborate. Here is how you can check who has access to the documents you share.
- Start by opening the word application on your phone or tablet.
- You will see that it opens a list of documents on the drive.
- The word documents that are shared will have a shared symbol against the name.
- An easier way to find shared documents however is by selecting Shared.
- This way you will have a list of all the shared documents.
- From here you can easily get a list of people the document is shared with.
Similar article How to show white space in word online
Frequently asked questions
To check who has access to your documents on ios start by logging on to one drive or word online. Once the data is synced you will be able to see the documents that are shared in a separate section. You can get more information about whom the document is shared from here.
Yes, most employees have login credentials for all systems. Hence if they log in to your account they will be able to see whom the files are shared with.
Hope you found this article interesting it took you through the various ways in which you can check who has access to the word document you have shared. Here are some of the other points covered.
- How can you tell who has access to the document you own on word online?
- Getting a list of people who have access to word online documents.
- Understanding how to check who has access to word online on Android devices?
- Is it possible to have a list of people who have access to word online files on ios.
If you liked this article and found it useful check out similar tutorials here
- How to add google fonts to word online
- Steps on How to place text over an image word online
- How to add a running head in word online
- Tips on How to change default setting in word online
- How to transfer files to word online
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.