Text wrapping is an option that’s normally used as a formatting tool. It is especially used when integrating pictures, graphs, and other illustrations in documents. This tutorial aims to provide an answer to the most common question, how do I wrap text in word online?
To Wrap text in word online start by selecting the image. You can then right-click and select Wrap Text. From the extended menu choose the specific style and you are good to go. Another way of doing this is by selecting the image and choosing the wrap text option under the Picture tab.
How do I wrap text in word online?
To wrap text around an image in Word Online you can follow these steps.
- Start by opening a new document on word online by logging in to the Office Online website. You can also access files that have been previously worked on.
- The Wrap text option is used for images and hence, you will need to see that an image is added to the document.
- To insert an image click on Inset in the top ribbon and select picture. You then have an option to select pictures saved on your computer or from over the internet.
Note: here images can include pictures, screengrabs, graphs, illustrations, etc.
- Once the image is inserted into the document start by clicking on the image to select it.
- If your document already contains images scroll down to the image you would like to format. Click on it to select it
- On selecting an image inserted into the document a Picture tab shows up in the top ribbon.
- The Picture tab has various options to edit and format pictures inserted into the document.
- The Wrap Text option is part of this menu. Click on the downward arrow for options.
Read How to alphabetize in office 365 word online
Wrap text options available on word online
The options available give you an idea of how the picture you have selected will look against the text in the document. Here is an overview.
- In Line with Text: By selecting this option the picture will become part of the paragraph it is added to. The picture in this layout teds to move as text is added and deleted.
- Square Left: When you select the square left option the picture will be positioned towards the left margin. The text will move to the right on the same line as the picture. You will see that the text is positioned around the image squaring it.
- Square Right: Just like how the text squares the image when you select the square left option this will move the image to the right. The text will move to the left and square the image.
- Behind text: by selecting the behind text option the image will go into the background. This option is used while setting images as a watermark.
- In front of Text: In the in front of text option, the image is in the forefront and placed over the text.
Users can use different wrap text options for the various pictures in their documents.
Read How do you put a different background on each page in Word Online?
How to Wrap Text in word by right-clicking?
Another way to access the wrap text option is by right-clicking here is how it is done
- Open the document and scroll down to the image you would like to format.
- Right-click on the image for the menu
- From the options click on Wrap Text
- You will now have an extended menu on the right. Click on the option that you require.
- The change is almost instant. You can repeat the process if you do not like the placement.
Read How to make arrow in Microsoft word online
How to remove text wrapping from the text in word online?
The text wrapped in a word online document can be reversed using the following methods.
- You can use the wrap text option and choose another format. this way the text will wrap around the image in a different manner.
- If you do not want any wrapping, click on the text and hit enter until it’s away from the image. you can also use the backspace and delete keys.
- You can also delete the image by clicking on it and hitting the delete key. Once deleted you can either leave it that way or reinsert the image.
Read How to print Word doc with comments on word online
How do you wrap text in Mac Word?
When working on Microsoft word for Mac systems here is how you can wrap text.
- Documents created on the online version of Word can be accessed on mac systems by either downloading them or using the desktop application of One Drive. double click on the document to open it. You can also create a new document after opening Word.
- Once the document is open start by inserting an image. The wrap text option works on images graphs and other illustrations.
- Insert an image or graph from the Insert tab.
- Click on the image inserted. You can resize the image and will also have an additional tab. Click on the picture format tab.
- Go to the Arrange section.
- Under arrange you will see wrap text. Click on it.
- You will now have a drop-down menu with options on the type of text wrapping that needs to be done.
- The options include wrapping the text In line, on the left, to the right, behind, or in front. The formatting style depends on the type of document you are working on.
- To select the wrap text type simply click on it. To change the format return to the same menu and choose another option.
How to wrap text in Mac Word?
The wrap text option in Word for Mac can also be accessed using the right-click. Here is how it is done.
- Right-click on the image that needs to be formatted
- You will have a menu, scroll down to Wrap Text
- You will now have an extended menu on the right
- Click to select the wrap text style that suits your content the best.
Read How to adjust the cell height in word online
How to remove wrap text on Mac?
If you need to remove text wrapping from your document on a Mac system
- Click on the first word of the text that needs to be moved
- Hit the enter or space key to move the text ahead.
- You could also use the delete key to move the text around.
- Another way to undo text wrapping is by deleting the image and reinserting it.
How do you wrap text on Android devices?
When it comes to mobile devices, it is convenient to use the word application to create and edit documents. On Android devices, you can download the application from the play store.
Once the application is downloaded sign in to your one drive account. This way you will be able to access all the documents on the drive.
Here is how you can use the wrap text option on Android devices.
- Start by inserting an image in the document opened on the Word application. If you already have an image in the document tap on it to select.
- on the Word application, you will need to enable editing. This can be done by tapping and selecting a pencil-shaped logo on top of your screen.
- Now that you have permission to edit tap on the image.
- You will now have a few formatting options that will show up at the bottom of your screen
- Tap and select the wrap text option.
- Wrap text comes with various sub-options based on the position of the text as compared to the picture.
- Options on the phone are slightly different. You can use the In line with text option – here the text will show in the same line as the image.
- The square option allows text to cascade the image.
- Tight is where there is not much space between the text and the image as it cascades the image.
- Thorough is a tighter version of text to space around the image ratio.
- Top and bottom is an option where the text moves to the top and bottom of the image. there is no text on the sides of the image.
Read How to enlarge Microsoft word online
The Wrap text button in Word for Windows is in the picture menu. Here is how to locate it and use it.
- Start by locating and opening the document you would like to work on. You can choose from existing documents from the One Drive folder on your system.
- In order to wrap text in a document having a picture or an illustration of any kind is important. This can include graphs, charts, etc.
- Insert an image into the document from the Insert tab.
- Left-click on the picture to select it.
- Selecting an image will let you do two things, you can alter the size of the image using the dots. Secondly, you will see the Picture format menu on the top ribbon.
- Now go to the Picture Format menu and in the Arrange section, you will see the Wrap text option.
- Click on it to open a dropdown menu
Read How to connect 3 pics into 1 in word online
How to wrap text for windows in word?
The wrap text options on a Windows system are more elaborate, here is an overview
- In line with text – Here your image will show in the same line as the text. it in a way becomes a part of the text. If text is added to or deleted from the paragraph the image will move.
- Square – By using the square option the text squares the image. here you will have the image in the center and the text around it forming a border.
- Tight – Tight is a formatting tool that is similar to Square but the text is closer to the image.
- Through – The through option is a tighter version of the previous one where there is no space between the text and the image.
- Top and Bottom – In this text wrapping option you will see that the text moves only to the top and the bottom of the image.
- Behind text – This is the most common wrapping option used when an image needs to be set as a watermark or as an underlay to the text on the document.
- In front of text – Here the image is placed in front of the text on your document.
The desktop version of Word gives users an option of choosing more layout options. You can also set the layout you are choosing as a default.
Read How to uncapitalize text in Microsoft word online
How to Wrap text in Windows by right-clicking?
Users have the option to access the wrap text menu without going into the Picture format menu. Here is how
- Insert an image into the Word document you are working on. This can be done from the insert menu.
- Left-click on the image, graph, or illustration. Clicking on the image will select it
- Drag the edges to resize the image. Resizing images is necessary so that it is in proportion with the text.
- Now right click on the image.
- From the dropdown menu select wrap text.
- You will now have the wrap text option in an extended menu on the right. You can choose the one you would like to use by clicking on it.
The wrap text format can be changed at any time. So, if you do not like the way it looks or are looking for another formatting option right-click on the image again and change the format.
How to remove wrap text in Word for windows?
Here is how to remove text wrapping in Word for Windows
- Start by moving the cursor to the first word of the text.
- Use the enter or space key to move the text.
- You can also use the backspace or delete key to move the text around.
- another option is to click on the image hit the delete key and then reinsert the image.
How do you wrap text on iOS devices?
Do you use your iOS device to edit and share documents? if yes this section will be particularly helpful. Here is how you can wrap text in word on an iOS device.
- Start by opening the document you would like to edit.
- Once the document is open tap on and select the edit option
- You could insert an image or work with images already present in the document
- Tap on the image to select it, you will have a menu at the bottom of your screen.
- Select the wrap text option.
- You will have an extended menu with different text wrapping options.
- Tap to select
Related word online tutorials:
- How to check who has access to word online
- How to put citations on word online
- add code block in word online
- How to add page numbers in word online?
- How to double space in word online?
- How to add a cubed sign in word online?
The wrap text formatting option in word online is a great presentation tool when you have images and illustrations. You can with the help of the various options available add images to a document without wasting space or making it look out of place. Here are some of the key points.
- How to wrap text in Word online
- Using the wrap text tool for word on Mac and Windows systems.
- Understanding how to use the wrap text tool on Android and iOS devices.
- How to remove wrap text in word online
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.