PMD or Page Maker Files are used to create and save professional publications like newsletters and brochures. It has drawn objects, photos, and formatted text making it convenient for publishers. This tutorial article looks at how to convert pmd file into word online.
To convert pmd files to word launch page maker > click on the object > go to the edit menu. Now from this menu click on Edit story. Under the file, menu click on Export and then Text. You can then save the file in the Rich Text format.
Why is the pmd file not opening?
Page layout files made with Adobe PageMaker are known as PMD files. The PMD file on your computer might not open for various reasons. The main and most important factor is the absence of a PMD-compatible program among those already on your device (as well as the most frequent).
Locating and downloading the appropriate application is a fairly simple way to handle this problem. Another way to open these files is to open them online using free tools. A simple google search will give you a list of programs that can be used.
Once you open the file, you will be able to convert it to word.
How to open pmd file in Word?
To open a Page maker file in Word here are the steps you can follow. Assuming you have page maker on your computer you can start by locating and opening the file. If you don’t follow the steps in the previous section to open the file.
- Launch PageMaker and open the document.
Note: While you can usually use a later version of the program, your version of PageMaker should match the one used to create the file.
Since Adobe ceased supporting PageMaker in 2004, you can use the Adobe InDesign application to access files created in PageMaker versions 6 or 7. These versions included many of PageMaker’s functionalities.
- Use your mouse pointer to select the “object” in the document that contains the text you wish to view in Word.
- Go to the Edit menu and select “Edit Story.”
- Under the “File” menu, select “Export” then “Text.”
- Select “Rich Text Format” in the “Save as Type” box.
- You will need to enter a file name before saving the file.
To complete the process, click “Save.” A PageMaker document might contain content from multiple sources; therefore, it might be necessary to repeat the procedure for each of the page’s “stories.”
- Open Word
- Go to the File menu in the top ribbon of the document.
- Click on “Open”
- You can also go to recent files on the home screen when you open Word.
- Locate the document you would like to view. In this case, it’s the recently saved PMD file saved as a Rich Text Format File.
- As you would with any other Word document, open the file and make the desired changes.
Once you have converted the file here is how to open it in Word.
Can you save a word document as pmd?
If you have a word document you are working on here is how you can save that file as a pmd file.
- Locate the file you would like to convert
- Double-click to open the file
- Click on File in the top ribbon of the document
- From the options, click save as. You will have a popup dialogue box.
- Change the file extension to pmd file.
- Click save.
How to convert page maker file to word?
Here is how you can convert a page maker file to a word document in a few simple steps.
- Locate and open the Page maker file
- Choose the part of your PageMaker 6.5 file you want to convert.
- Within the PageMaker 6.5 window, select “Edit.”
- Then select “Edit Story.”
- Go to “File” in the top ribbon and choose “Export.” You will have a popup dialogue box.
- Select a location and a file name for your converted PageMaker 6.5 text.
- From the export window, select “Rich Text Format.” Publish the file.
Once the file is exported you can open it in Microsoft Word. Here are the steps you can follow to save the file as a Word document.
- Start-up Microsoft Word.
- Go to “File,” in the top ribbon of the document
- From the options available click on “Open.”
- Find the converted.rtf file and open it. The.rtf conversion should enable Microsoft Word to identify the layout and style of the original PageMaker 6.5 content.
- Go back to “File” and click “Save.”
- Type in the name of the file and the location you would like to save it in.
You will need to repeat this process for all the sections of the page maker file you are working on
How to save graphics from pmd to Word?
The page maker file you are working on in most cases will have graphics. This section looks at how to save these graphics as Word files.
- Open the page maker file
- Now scroll through the contents and locate the graphic that you would like to save
- Right-click the image and choose “Copy.”
- Select “paste” from the context menu while the Word document is open.
For each non-PageMaker graphic, repeat this procedure.
How to convert Word file to pmd?
- Select the document you would like to convert
- Click on file in the top ribbon of the document and choose export
- From the option click on “other file type”
- Open “other file type” and click on “save as other file type”
- The save as dialogue box pops up
- Select pmd file from the options listed
This tutorial article took you through the ways in which you can save different sections of a page maker or PMD file. It looked at how to convert pmd file into word online using the desktop application. It also explored how to save images that have been added to the page maker file.
Hope you found this article interesting. Check out similar articles here
- How to add a cubed sign in word online?
- How to add quadratic equations in word online?
- make a bar graph on Microsoft Word Online
- Where is mailings tab in Word Online?
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.