Upper case is common when it comes to entering headings or for text that needs to stand out in documents. When capitalizing or removing capitalization from words in your documents you do not need to delete and re-enter text. Here is How to uncapitalize text in Microsoft word online.
To uncapitalize text in Microsoft word online start by selecting the text that needs to be edited. You will then need to go to click on the Home tab in the top ribbon. From the various options in front of you click on the three dots for an extended menu. The case can be changed from here.
Read How to save a Microsoft word document online?
How to uncapitalize text in Microsoft word online
Capitalizing and uncapitalizing words in word changes according to the documents you are working on or the format you are following.
Either way, it is extremely inconvenient to type text and then delete the entire thing just to change the case. Fortunately, you can easily change the case of your text using these steps.
- Start by locating and opening the document you would like to work on. This can be done by logging in to the word online website or by accessing the file from the cloud.
- once you have the document in front of you go to the section that needs to be edited. This can be a heading or a chunk of text. The cursor needs to be at the spot where you need the changes.
- Select the text. Do this by clicking on the first word of the sentence and then dragging the mouse across the sentence without releasing the click.
- Click on the Home section on the top ribbon of the page
- Here you will have various options among those click on the three dots near the color of the text to reveal an extended menu.
- Here you will find a Change case option. Click on the option that seems to fit your requirements.
Check out this article on How to insert screenshots in word online
Change Case options available in word online
The Case change menu has various options to choose from here is a list of the options available.
- Sentence case – Capitalizes the first letter of the sentence and everything else is in the lower case.
- Lower case – The entire sentence or selected text is in the lower case
- Upper case – The entire sentence or selected text is in the upper case
- Capitalize Each Word – Here the first letter of every word in the sentence is capitalized while the rest of the word is in the lower case.
- Toggle case – Only the first letter of the sentence is in the lower case while the rest of the sentence is in the Upper case.
You can choose the formatting option that suits you the best. If you would like to change the formatting of the entire document select the text using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + A wor windows and Cmd + A on mac. You can then follow the steps mentioned above and change the case.
Read How to rotate picture in word online
How to change capitalization or case of text in word online?
Wen working on the desktop application of word you can easily switch from capitalized text to that in the lower case. Here are the steps you can follow
Case change for Windows computers
- Start by locating and opening the document you would like to edit.
- Click on the text whose case needs to be changed and drag the mouse through the paragraph or sentence without releasing the click.
- If you need to select the entire document use the Ctrl + A keys on the keyboard.
- Once you have the text selected go to the Home section on the top ribbon.
- From here you can click on the Aa icon for a dropdown menu
- From the options select the lower case in case you want all the text in lower case. You can also choose the sentence case. Here you can have all the text except the first letter of the first word of the sentence in upper case.
Case change for Mac computers
- Locate and open the document
- Select the text that you would like to format
- Go to the home tab in the top ribbon
- Now under the font group, you will see a case change option
- Click on it to reveal a drop-down menu
- Select the case type that suits your document the best.
Similar article How to insert a cover page in word online
How to change the capitalization or case of text on phone?
The possibility of using the phone to make quick edits to documents is a major plus these days. All you need to do is download the application on your ios or android device. Here is how you can change the case of word documents on your phone.
- Locate and open the document you require
- Select the editing tool for the menu.
- Select the text
- The selection tabs or the blue tabs can be used to select text. Select a word by tapping on it and, drag the tabs to extend the selection.
- Now under home select More Formatting
- You will see the Change case option at the bottom of the list. Tap on it to open the menu
- You can now select the case that fits your text the best.
- Tap on the checkmark to save the changes made to the document before exiting.
Frequently asked questions
select the text that needs to be formatted. On the keyboard, this can be done by keeping the shift key pressed and moving the cursor using the arrow keys. If you need to select the entire document use Ctrl + A. The shortcut to change the case of the selected text is Shift + F3.
When using keyboard shortcuts on Mac devices be sure to select the text first. Then alter the case for the text on your document using ⌘+SHIFT+K.
Changing the case of the text in a document is fairly simple. All it takes is a few clicks or taps and you are good to go. Hope you found this article helpful, it took you through
- Tips on uncapitalizing text on word online
- Steps on changing the case of text in word online
- How to change the case in Word for Windows computers
- How to change the case in Word for Mac computers
- Steps for changing the capitalization or case of text on the phone
- Keyboard shortcuts for mac and windows computers.
Check out similar tutorial articles here
- How to show ruler in word online
- Tips on how to insert an online video on word online
- How to insert a table of content in word online
- Steps on how to set default font in word online
- How to share word documents online
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.