Line and paragraph spacing are important when writing and editing documents. Some colleges or government bodies require specific formats when it comes to official documents. This article takes you through how to remove space after paragraph in word online.
To remove space from before or after paragraphs select the paragraph or paragraphs, you would like to format. Go to the paragraph tab under Home. You will find options for line and paragraph spacing. Click on Remove space after paragraph.
Remove space after paragraph in word online
Word online is a great tool for collaborations. It is convenient when it comes to reviewing documents as you can log in from anywhere.
When it comes to formatting and editing spacing especially line and paragraph spacing is extremely important. So much so that universities, organizations, and government bodies have a required format to follow.
Here are the steps you can follow to remove the extra space after paragraphs in your document.
- Open the document you would like to edit. Documents on word online can be accessed by loggin into office online or onedrive. If you use word online often you can always download the desktop application, this way you will not need to login everytime you need to access a document.
- Once you have the document open select the paragraph or paragraphs you would like to format. Selecting a paragraph can be done by clicking at the start of the paragraph and dragging the mouse without releasing the click.
- After selecting the paragraph or paragraphs go to the Home tab on the top ribbon
- Go to the paragraph section and click on the line spacing option
- You will have a dropdown menu with various line spacing options. Scroll down to find Remove Sace after paragraph.
Read How to move an image on top of another on Microsoft word online
Line spacing shortcut
Another option when it comes to removing the extra space in your document is by using the right-click. Here is how it is done
- Once you have the document open select the paragraph or paragraphs that have extra space. You can select by dragging the mouse. If the entire document needs to be edited simply press the Ctrl key with A and the entire document will be selected.
- Right-click on the selected area for the menu
- From the menu click on Paragraph options. you will then get a popup window to work with.
- Using this window you can edit the line spacing in the document. to remove the space between paragraphs check the box next to Dont add space between paragraphs of the same style.
- Now click on OK and your paragraphs will be formatted.
Read How to make a graph in word online?
Removing space between paragraphs on android devices
To remove spacing between paragraphs using an Android follow these simple steps.
- Start by opening the document you would like to edit. There is a one drive application available for phones and tablets, files on the cloud can be accessed from there.
- Tap on the editing icon to edit the document
- start by highliting the paragraphs that you want to edit. Use the blue tabs to move the selection around. You can also use the select all option.
- You can now do to the menu at the bottom of your screen for formatting options
- The Home menu has various formatting options. From among those tap on Paragraph formatting
- You will get another menu for specific formatting options
- Select Remove space after paragraph to complete the formatting process.
- Tap the check sign and save the document before exiting.
Read How to convert Word file into Excel file online
How to remove space after paragraph in word online on mac OS
When it comes to removing the space after paragraphs on a mac device you can follow these simple steps
- Open the document that you would like to work with. The document can be found on one drive or office online.
- Select the text that needs to be formatted
- Go to the design section
- Under design go to Paragraph Spacing
- Here you can choose the option you want. If you want normal spaces between the paragraphs on your document click on the No Paragraph Space option
If you would like to return to the previous settings you can
- Go to Design
- The click on Paragraph Settings
- And choose the previous setting options from the list. On some systems you will also have a Default option
Check out How to merge cells in word online?
Frequently asked questions
On your iPad open the document that needs to be edited. This can be done from the one drive application available in the store. all you need to do is sign in using your outlook account and you are good to go. To remove the space start by selecting the text by moving the selection tabs. Once you do that tap the icon. you can then use the – and + keys to increase or reduce the space.
Yes, it is possible to remove the spacing between paragraphs in Word 365. For this, select the text that needs to be edited, go to the paragraph formatting options under home or design. you can select specific paragraph spacing points or simply choose not to have extra space between paragraphs in your document.
Yes, you can remove spaces between paragraphs on iOS devices. For this, you will need to select the text you need to edit. Go to paragraph formatting options and select no space after paragraph.
Hope you found the answers you were looking for. This tutorial took you through
- Removing space after paragraph in word online
- Line spacing shortcut
- Removing space between paragraphs on android devices
- How to remove space after paragraph in word online on mac OS
- How do I get rid of extra space between paragraphs in pages on an iPad?
- Is it possible to remove space after paragraph in Word 365?
- Can you remove space from after paragraphs on iOS devices?
Check out other word online tutorial articles here
- How to add borders in word online?
- How to insert a cover page in word online
- How to place text over an image word online
- How to show ruler in word online
- How to change default setting in word online
- How to insert an online video on word online
- How to convert a word file to PDF for free online
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.