It can be annoying to have blank pages in documents, especially if you’re attempting to keep your paper brief or under a certain page restriction. Fortunately, you can quickly and effectively get rid of any unwanted blank pages by following a few easy steps. This tutorial looks at how to remove blank page in Word Online.
To remove a blank page from the Word online document you are working on start by clicking on the show/hide formatting marks. This option is available in the Home tab under the paragraph section. Once you have activated this you will see all the page breaks added to the document. Simply click on them and hit Delete.
How to remove blank pages in Word Online?
Here is how you can remove a blank page from the Word online document you are working on.
- Locate and open the document
- Now scroll through the document to find the blank page
- Click on the “Home” tab which can be found in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
- In the Paragraph section, select the “Show/Hide formatting marks” option.
Under Hide/Show you will see all of your document’s formatting elements, including page breaks.
- Look for the page break indicator at the end of the preceding page.
- The text “Page Break” will appear next to what appears to be a horizontal line.
- Press the “Delete” key on your keyboard with your cursor exactly before the page break marker.
- The extra page will disappear.
- Repeat these steps if there is still a blank page in your document.
- After removing the blank page, you can disable the “Show/Hide” button to reveal the formatting marks once more.
How do I delete a blank page in Word online?
Here are the steps to follow if you need to delete a page from a Word Online Document.
- First, locate and open the document using Word Online. You will need to log in to your account for this.
- Scroll through the document to find the blank page.
- Move your cursor to the end of the text on the preceding page. Do this by left-clicking on the spot.
- After the cursor starts blinking use your keyboard’s “Delete” key to get rid of the extra page.
Removing page breaks from Word online documents
Extra pages can show up in the document when you have page breaks inserted into the document. Here are the steps to follow to eliminate these.
- Open the document and click on Home in the top ribbon of the document.
- Under the paragraph section, you will see the hide/show formatting marks option. Click on it.
- Page breaks in the document will show as marked in the picture.
- Place your cursor at the start of the page after the blank page if the blank page is still visible.
- When the cursor is at the end of the previous page, use the “Backspace” key on your keyboard to transfer it there. This ought should eliminate the blank page.
A simple way to delete blank pages in Word
If you are looking for a simple method to eliminate blank pages from the document you are working on, follow these steps.
- Locate and open the Word document
- Scroll through the document to find the extra page
- Click on the end of the previous page. The cursor will start blinking there
- Hit Delete on the keyboard
- You can also use backspace to clear extra spaces or lines.
If you have too many extra spaces or lines you can use the hide/show formatting marks option.
Once the marks are visible select the extra spaces and hit delete.
How to delete a page in Word using shortcut key?
Like Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V or Command + C and Command + V for copy and paste that most of us know, won’t it be simpler to delete a page using a shortcut? This section looks at the shortcut that can be used to delete extra pages in Word on both Mac and Windows systems.
Removing an extra page from Word for Windows
- Open the document you would like to edit.
- Click anywhere on the page you would like to delete.
- Press Ctrl + G
- now in the enter page number box type \Page.
- Press Enter
- Select Close
- Make sure all the content on the page is selected and then press Delete to see hidden content and formatting use the show/hide function
Removing an extra page from Word for Mac
- Open the document and scroll to the page you would like to delete
- Click anywhere on the page
- Use the Keyboard shortcut Option+⌘+G
- Enter \page in the box under Enter page number
- Hit Enter and then click on close
- make sure that all the content on that page is selected and then press Delete to see hidden content and formatting use the show/hide function How do I Delete an extra page in Word Mobile?
How do I Delete an extra page in Word Mobile?
Here are the steps you can follow of you want to delete a page in Word using your phone
- Download Word for mobile (android or iPhone) from the store
- Login to your Microsoft account to access the document
- Enable editing
- Scroll through the document to find the blank page
- Tap on the first word of the page after the blank page
- use backspace on the keyboard
You can also tap on the last word of the previous page and use the delete function.
If the blank page has a lot of free space or lines select and delete.
this tutorial took you through how to remove blank pages in Word Online. You will need to open the document > Scroll through it > click on the contents of the previous page > and hit delete. You can also use the Show/hide formatting marks to see extra spaces and lines and delete them.
On phones and tablets, you can use similar functions. The only option that’s different is that you can select content by just double-tapping and dragging. To delete simply use the backspace key on the keyboard.
Hope you found this article helpful and interesting. Check out similar tutorial articles here.
- How to insert micro symbol in word online?
- How to create save the date in word online?
- Turn off Overtype Mode in Word Online
- How to insert a screen tip in word online?
- How to convert pmd file into word online?
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.