Most academic papers have a specific formatting style to adhere to. Right from the font to where certain things need to be placed everything needs to be according to a prescribed format. This article takes you through how to put last name and page number on word mac.
To add your last name and page number to a document in Word online on a Mac system click on Insert. You can then go to the page number option under the header and footer menu. Simply double-click on the page number and select it. You can now add your surname to the document.
How to put a page number on word online mac?
While writing a paper in the MLA format you need to insert the page number along with your last name. Adding your name and the page number as a header or footer reduces the effort of the manual insertion of details.
Here is how you can insert your surname and page number in the header of your Word online document in a Mac system.
- Login to word online on your mac system by logging in to your account. You can access documents from Office online or One drive.
- Once logged in you can either access a document already created or choose to create a new document. To open an existing document double-click on it to open. Click and select new if you need a new document to work on.
To insert your last name with the page number you will first need to insert page numbers to your document.
- If the document you are working on is a shared document, make sure you have permission to edit it. The mode can be seen in the white tab near help.
- Click on the Insert tab in the top ribbon of the document.
- From the various options available click on Page Numbers.
- Once you click on Page Numbers you will have a drop-down menu with various layout options.
- From there, you can choose the one that corresponds to the guidelines of the format you are using.
- We chose to place the number on the right of the page.
- The header should look something like this. Once you click inside the document the # will change to the page number.
Read How to create columns in word header online
How do you put your last name on Microsoft Word online on Mac?
To add your surname to the page number in word online on Mac follow these steps.
- Start by clicking on the Header tab on the right of the document.
- If you cannot see the tab you can go to the Insert section
- From the options available click on Page numbers.
- Select the style you had previously selected. In most cases, it will already be highlighted. Simply click on it and select.
- Click before the < and you can start typing.
- Type in your Last name. You can also add double space between the number and your last name using the spacebar.
- Once the last name is added it should look something like this.
- Now click on the document to exit the header editing mode.
Read How to rotate Word online
How to remove the last name from the header in Word online?
Here is how you can remove or edit your last name from the header in word online.
- Start by clicking on the header tab jetting out of the right corner of the document.
- You will not have the header open with the various components.
- Click on the surname. You can from now use the delete or backspace key on the keyboard to delete it.
- Once deleted you can either type in another name or leave the page number as it is.
- The page number can be removed as well by hitting the backspace or delete keys.
Another way to remove the page numbers is by getting into the page numbers tab. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Start by clicking on the Insert tab in the top ribbon of the document.
- Go to the Page numbers section and click on the downward arrow.
- You will see the different formats of page numbers and an option to include the page count. Under this, you will see the Remove Page Numbers option
- Click on Remove Page Numbers and the page numbers on your document will be deleted.
- You can add page numbers and surnames to the word online document again at any time.
Read How do I wrap text in word online?
How do I add a header with page numbers in Word online for Windows?
Documents created on word online can be accessed from any device as long as you have an active internet connection. You can download these documents and work on them offline using the desktop application.
This section takes you through how to add your surname with page numbers in word for windows.
- Start by logging on to the word online. Click on the document you would like to edit and hit download. Alternatively, you can download the One Drive application for windows. Files created on word online are available on the drive.
- Open the document you would like to edit.
- Click on and open the Insert menu from the Top ribbon
- From among the options available click on Page number from the Header & Footer section.
- You will have a drop-down menu with options to choose from
- These options include adding the page number on the top of the page, at the bottom, in the margin, and at the current position or the page you are on.
- When a particular option is selected you will have a menu with various placement options.
- To select a specific type click on it.
- The page number will show in the header of the document if you choose the top of page option.
- Click outside the header in the document to exit the menu.
Read How to alphabetize in office 365 word online
How do you put your last name and page number in the header?
Here are the steps to follow to add your last name to the page number in Word for windows.
- To add your surname to the page number you will first need to select the header. For this, you will need to double-click inside the header.
- Once you have the header selected Click on the page number.
- Now move the cursor behind the number using the arrow keys.
- You can now start typing your last name.
Read How do you put a different background on each page in Word Online?
How to remove the last name from the header in Word for windows?
Here is how to delete the last name and page numbers from your header in word online.
- Start by clicking on the Insert tab in the top ribbon.
- You can then go to Page number under the header & Footer menu
- Click and select Remove page numbers.
- The page numbers will be deleted from the document.
If you need to delete or edit the last name here are the steps you can follow.
- Start by double-clicking the header to enable editing.
- Once you have the header open click on the page number and select it.
- Move the cursor to the left using the arrow keys.
- Once the cursor is in place you can start deleting the surname using the backspace or delete keys.
- Click outside the header to exit editing it.
Read How to print Word doc with comments on word online
How to include last name and page number in Word documents on Mac?
Word online documents are available locally on Mac systems. All you need is an active internet connection. This will allow the download and upload of Word online files.
- Start by logging on to your word online account and accessing the files you would like to work on. You could also download the one drive application on the desktop or laptop, this will allow you to access the files on the drive.
- Double click on the document to open it. Documents will open in the desktop version of Word when you access them offline.
- Start by clicking on the Insert tab in the top ribbon.
- In the Insert menu, you will find header & footer options
- Select Page number from this menu
- Once you click on the Page numbers option you will have a drop-down menu with various placement options.
- Click to select the placement option that aligns with the formatting specifications.
- Once you click on the style you will see the page number in the header of the document.
How to add your last name with the page number?
Here are the steps you can follow to add your last name to the header of your document in Mac.
- Start by double-clicking on the header to activate it or to be able to make changes to it.
- After the editing options are available click on the page number.
- The arrow keys can be used to move the cursor. Move it behind the number and start typing.
- After adding your surname simply click inside the document.
Read How to adjust the cell height in word online
How to remove surname and page number from word documents?
Here are the steps you can follow to remove or edit your surname from word online documents.
- Start by selecting the header. this can be done by double-clicking in it.
- Click on the content that needs to be edited, once highlighted it can be easily changed.
- The delete key can be used to remove the name from the header.
Another way to remove the last name and the page number from the word online document is by going to the header and footer menu.
- Click on Insert and go to the header & footer section
- now click on and select page numbers
- Click on Remove page numbers to delete the page numbers from the document.
Read How to enlarge Microsoft word online
How to add last name and page number in Word online for android?
It is convenient to work on documents on the go. This section takes you through how to insert the last name and page number in the header of a Word document from an Android device.
- The Word application for android devices is available for download in the play store.
- After the application is downloaded sign in using your office online login credentials.
- Locate and open the document that needs to be edited.
- Tap on the document to open
- Once the document is open tap on the edit option to enable editing.
- Start by tapping on and selecting the Edit option. Once selected you will have an editing menu at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on home for more options
- Tap and select Insert for the insert menu
- Scroll down to Header & Footer. Tap to select
- Under the header and footer, you will have the Page number option.
- Tap to select and to see additional options
- Choose from the options available. Once the option is selected the header will appear in your document with a page number.
- Tap on the Page number to select it.
- You can now use the keyboard to add your surname before the number.
- Once done, tap inside the document to close the header.
Read How to connect 3 pics into 1 in word online
How to remove page number and last name from the header in Word for Android?
There are two options when it comes to removing the page number and last name from the header in Word for Android. Here is how
- The easiest way is to double-tap and open the header.
- Once the header is open tap on the number or the last name and select it.
- You can either use the delete option or backspace. Either way, the content will be deleted.
- You can then reenter the content if you are editing it or close the header.
- The other option is by tapping and selecting the Insert option and going into the insert menu.
- You can then select header & Footer and go to Page number.
- Under Page Number, you will see the Remove page numbers options.
- Tap and select it to remove page numbers from the word online document.
Read How to uncapitalize text in Microsoft word online
How to add last name and page number to Word online for iOS?
On iOS devices, you will need to download and log in to the word for iOS application. once you have the application open the document that you need to work on.
- Start by tapping on and selecting the editing option. Without this, you will not be able to edit the document.
- You will now need to tap and select Edit to open the menu.
- Tap on home for more options.
- Select Insert.
- YOu will now have various options to choose from. Select Page numbers if it is not possible you can select Header & Footer.
- You will now be redirected to the header and footer menu. From here tap and select page number.
- Once selected you will see the header on your document has a page number.
- To add your last name to this simply tap on and select the number in the header.
- Once selected move the cursor to the left of the number and start typing in your name.
- Add a space between your last name and the number.
- Tap outside the header to close it.
How to remove the last name and page number from the header in Word for iOS?
To remove the page number and last name you will need to follow these steps.
- Start by double-tapping and selecting the header.
- You can then select the number and text and delete it.
- Another way is by selecting the Remove Page numbers option from the Page numbers menu under the header & footer menu.
Read How to separate pages in word online?
This article took you through how to add your last name and page numbers to word documents. Here are some of the topics that were covered.
- How to include the last name along with page numbers in word online documents on mac
- Inserting last name and page numbers in Windows and Mac
- Removing or editing last name and page numbers in word
- Adding last name and page numbers to documents on word for Android and iOS
- Removing or editing last name and page numbers to word documents on android and iOS devices.
You may like the following word online tutorials:
- How to sign a document in Word Online?
- How to insert text box in word online?
- Word online How to delete a section break
- How to add a header in word online?
- How to move pictures in word online?
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.