Word online is specially designed keeping in mind collaborations. The interface is great for commenting and reviewing documents. Here is a step to step guide on how to print Word doc with comments on word online.
To print a word document with comments, go to the comments section. The comments section can be found in the top ribbon under Review. Click on Add comment to comment on the document. To print go to the print menu and check the preview. The comments will show in a section on the right of the paper.
How to print Word doc with comments on word online
Comments made on word online documents can be printed while using the desktop application. Here are the steps to follow when trying to print a word document with comments.
- Start by locating and opening the file. To access files offline use the desktop application of Word. All you need to do is go to onedrive.com and download the desktop application.
- You will now be able to access all the documents created and shared using word online. Select the file that needs to be printed.
- If you do not have a document with comments and need to add comments of your own. select the document you need to review.
- Once the document is open click on the Review tab in the top ribbon.
- Under Review, you will see various options. Click on New Comment to add a comment to the document.
- Comments can be deleted using the Delete option. For this select the comment that needs to be deleted and click on Delete in the comments section.
- Comments added to the document will show in balloons on the right. You will also see the name of the commenter.
- Along with the name you will also have details on when the comment was added. You can then choose to reply or resolve it.
Print a Word Online document with comments
Printing document by including comments is simple. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Start by clicking on the File option in the top ribbon.
- You will now have an extended menu
- Scroll down to and select the Print option.
- To include the comments made to the document you will need to change a few settings.
- Start by going down to the settings section and clicking on the Print all pages option.
- You will now have a dropdown menu.
- In the dropdown menu, you will find a Print Markup option.
- Select this option.
- You can also choose the pages you would like to print. Here we have selected print all pages, you can print a specific page or a range of pages.
- once you choose the pages you would like to print you will have a print preview on the right.
- Here you will see that comments made to the document will show in a grey section on the right.
- If you are ok with the preview click on print.
Note: make sure your printer is connected or you will get an error while trying to print the document.
Check out How to change language in word online
How to print an online Word doc with comments on mac?
On your Mac device, you will first need to download the document from word online. you can also use the onedrive application on your device. here are the steps to print a document that is on your computer.
- Open the document and click on the review section to add or delete comments.
- To print the document start by clicking on file.
- Click on print from the options available.
- To print the comments on the document you will need ot make changes in the settings.
- For this click on Print all pages and select Print markup.
- You can then choose the pages that need to be printed and the number of copies you require.
- Once you have done that go ahead and click on the print option.
- You will now have the comments printed along with the contents of your document.
Similar article How to make an online form in Word
Frequently asked questions
you can make changes to a document and also add comments to the document using the word application on your android device. This being said you can only print the document as it is without the comments.
iOS devices can be used to edit documents and add comments. When it comes to printing you can only print the document as it is without inputs or comments. you will need to use a desktop for this and the offline version of Word.
Yes, on Windows computers you can use Ctrl + P to open the print menu. From here go into settings and check Print Markup. Then select the pages you need to print and the number of copies you require. Make sure to check the preview before proceeding with clicking the Print option.
To print the word document without comments you will need to uncheck the Print markup option. This can be done by going to the print page. Go to the settings section and click on Print all pages. you will see that the Print markup option is checked. Click on it to uncheck it. You will see the comments disappear in the print preview.
word online is great when it comes to collaborating on documents and reviewing work. the only drawback is that you cannot print the comments from Word online. The workaround is using the desktop application and enabling the print markup option.
This article touched upon these topics
- Steps on how to print a Word document with comments on a windows system
- Understanding how to print word documents on android and iOS phones.
- Learning how to print Word documents with comments on mac devices
- Understanding how to print word documents without including the comments
If you found this article interesting and helpful check out similar tutorial articles here
- How to make MLA format in Word Online
- How to remove space after paragraph in word online
- Understanding how to convert Word file into Excel file online
- Steps on how to put a subscript in word online?
- How to move an image on top of another on Microsoft word online
- How to merge cells in word online?
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.