Printing a word document is as important as creating it. The option to print envelopes in Word has always been a feature that hasn’t been explored. In this tutorial article, we will take you through how to print addresses on envelopes on word online. We will also look at how to print addresses on multiple envelopes.
To print addresses on envelopes in Word online you will need to use the desktop application. Start by clicking on the Mailings tab in the top ribbon. You will see the Envelopes option on the extreme left. Click on it > add the details required and click on OK.
How to print addresses on envelopes on word online?
To print addresses on envelopes in Word online isn’t possible from the Office online website. You can however use the desktop application to get things done. Here are the steps you can follow to print addresses on envelopes.
- Open a new document in the desktop version of Word online
- Click on Mailings in the top ribbon of the document.
- You will get a prompt asking if Word can access your address book/contacts. If you have the contacts saved on your computer you can allow access and use those contacts.
- You can either accept or decline. This way your contacts will sync to Word.
- Click on and select Envelopes
- You will have a popup window.
- If you look closely you have an address book on the right of the Delivery and Return address boxes.
- Click on the Address box to automatically pull up contact information.
- Click on the address book
- You will have a popup menu
- Click on and select the contact that you would like to add
- Select Insert
- The contact will be added to your address bar.
- This can be done for both the delivery as well as the return address.
Addresses can be added manually if you do not want to use the address book. Simply type in the address in the boxes and you are good to go.
When it comes to the return address you can choose to omit it. There is also an option that says use my address. This means that you can specify your address beforehand, this saves time.
Read How to insert captions in word online
Envelope formatting tools
Other formatting tools include the font and position buttons.
- As the name suggests the Font button allows you to change the font of the address you have added to the envelope.
- When it comes to Position you can use it to move the address around on the envelope.
- When you click on Position you will have a popup menu.
- Here you can change the position of both the delivery as well as the return address. The preview of the changes made is visible on the right.
- Once you are happy with how the envelope looks click on OK
Once you have the envelope ready you can print it
Read How to show word online adjustment bar
How do I print an address on an envelope in Word?
After the envelope is ready and you have all the addresses in place you can print it. Here are the steps you can follow to print the address on an envelope.
- Check all the addresses and information added to the envelope.
- Check the Printing options. You can either use the setting from the printer or you can customize the settings.
- There is also an option where you can customize the page setup.
- Click on Print, after all the changes have been made and all the settings checked.
- Clicking on Print will open the print menu.
- Here you can select the number of copies the page number or the range of pages to be printed, etc.
- You will also see a preview of the envelope on the left.
- After you have checked everything one last time.
- Place the envelope in the printer feeding tray and hit Print.
Read How do you eliminate extra spacing in word online
How to print multiple envelopes in Word?
Printing addresses on envelopes in Word is not necessarily a one-time thing. You can create and print multiple envelopes using mail merge. Here are the steps to follow.
Creating a mailing list is the most important step when it comes to mail merge. If you don’t have a list of contacts ready you can do it simultaneously.
- Go to the Mailings tab in the top ribbon of the document you are working on
- There are two options you can choose from. Either you go to Envelopes and click on mail merge at the bottom or Click on Start Mail Merge.
Mail merge means that you assimilate all the contacts that you have or want to send the mail to. In short, it’s a mailing list.
There are different ways of adding addresses to your word document. You can import it from Excel or create the list in Word itself. Another way is to use your contacts on outlook or those that are saved on your computer.
- After you have set the mailing addresses you can go ahead and set the envelope return address.
- Add the mailing list to the envelope by clicking on Select Recipients in the Mailing tab
- Choose the data source.
- Select File and click on Save
- Now go back to the mailing tab and click on the Insert marge field and click on OK
- You can then preview all the envelopes by clicking on Preview results in the mailing tab
- Once done go to the mailings tab > click on finish and merge > print documents
Make sure that you have pre-loaded the envelopes into the feeding tray of the printer. If you need to be sure to print one, check it out and then print the rest.
Read How do you delete a word document on mac
The option to print addresses on envelopes has been there for a few years now. But, surprisingly only a few people use it. The mail merge option makes it easier to not only send emails to multiple people at the same time but also create customized envelopes in a jiffy.
This article took you through how to use the envelope option in the mailing tab and most of the other editing and formatting tools in this tab. You can use excel to create a mailing or address list and then import it into word. There are other options where you use the contacts on your account. With all these options creating envelopes with addresses has become easier than ever.
Hope you found this article interesting and helpful. Check out similar articles here.
- How to add a horizontal line in word online
- How to get word count on word online
- Word document shortcut keys for mac
- How to insert headings in word online
- How to change your page color in word online?
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.