Shapes play an important role when it comes to highlighting text, drawing attention to certain parts of the text, adding comments, or simply explaining concepts. This tutorial is a step to step guide on how to insert shapes in Microsoft word online.
How to insert shapes in Microsoft word online? To insert shapes in word online click on the Insert tab > click on Drawing > Select Insert > go to Shapes > choose the desired shape > save and close. Text can also be added to the shapes whenever required. The size and other formatting options can be found in the same section along with an option to change the shape.
Inserting shapes in Microsoft Word Online
When it comes to adding shapes to word online documents follow these simple steps
- Open the document you need to edit or if it’s a new document decide where you need to insert the shape
- Click on the spot so that the cursor is there. The position of the cursor determines the position of the shape.
- Once you have the position decided click on Insert
- You can then select the Drawing option
- The drawing option will open as a popup menu here select Insert
- Select Shapes
- The drop-down menu will have a list of shapes you can choose from. Select the shape of your choice.
- Once the desired shape is choosing you will need to drag across the canvas by holding down the left click.
- Save and close the editing box.
- The shape will show on your document
This is how to insert shapes in Microsoft word online.
Read How to insert a line in word online?
How to change size of shape added in Word online?
In order to make changes in the size of the shape, you will need to
- Open the preview or editing box – follow the same steps as above.
- Once you have the preview hover the mouse on the corners of the shape
- The arrow will turn into double sided arrows that can be moved around
- Use these arrows to alter the size of the shapes.
- The shape can also be rotated or moved around.
This is how to change the size of the shape added in Word online.
Read How to insert equation in word online?
How to edit shape added in word online?
After shapes are added to a word online document, they can be changed at any time using the Change Shape option under the Shape menu.
The same menu contains other editing and formatting options. You can change the color of the shapes using the Shape Fill option.
The outline of the shape can also be changed. For this, all you need to do is click on the Shape Outline option and change the color of the shape.
Another option while editing and formatting the shape is changing the arrangement. This simply means that you can send the shape to the back bring it to the front of the document as opposed to the content already on it.
Along with changing the shape, color, dimensions, and outline of the shapes added to the word online document, you can also add text to the shape. This can be done by clicking on the Text option adding the text and formatting it if necessary. Here is how
Open the shape formatting window > click on the shape > Click on Text > insert text and edit as desired.
This is how to edit a shape added in word online.
Read How to insert screenshots in word online
How to insert shapes in ios?
Here is how you can add or insert any shape in iOS.
- Tap on Insert
- Tap on shapes
- Choose the shape you like or need to add to your document. The app adds a default filledin shape to the document. You can view larger images by clicking on them
- Once the shapes are on the screen you can drag them to adjust the size.
- You can add text to the document if needed
- You can also format the shape as desired.
Read How to save a Microsoft word document online?
How to insert shapes in word online on an Android device?
Here is how to add a shape in word on an android device
- To insert shapes in word online on your Android device open the document you need to add shapes to.
- move the cursor to the spot u need the shape in
- now click on the edit option
- you will have a menu on the bottom of the page click on the arrow near Home
- Scroll down to Insert
- select Shapes
- Click on Shapes for the various options available
- Under shapes you will have a quick access to ones that were used recently, making it easier to repeat shapes in similar documents.
- You can scroll through the menu and look for the shape that you require
- Click on the shape to insert it in the document
- Once you have the shape on the screen use the formatting options to edit and modify the shape as per your requirements. You can add another shape, change the existing one, fill in color, change the outline color, and much more on your android device.
- you can also change they way the shape will look against other text using the formatting tools available.
- The size of the shape can also be adjusted by using the dots on the sides as shown in the image above.
- Once you have all you need interms of the size formatting and or text in the shape chosen be sure to click on the tick to save the changes.
Check out, How to share word documents online
Hope you found this tutorial helpful. In this article, we looked at
- How to insert shapes in Microsoft word online
- Inserting shapes in Microsoft Word Online
- How to change the size of the shape added in Word online?
- How to edit shape added in word online?
Related Microsoft word online articles:
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.