Have you ever wondered how to zoom in and out of your word online document? This feature is used in most cases to format the document. You can easily have a bird’s eye or a more detailed view of the document. This tutorial takes you through the various ways ton how to enlarge Microsoft word online.
To enlarge or zoom in to a Microsoft word document you can use the zoom tool under the view menu. The zoom bar on the bottom of the screen is another option. You can use this to zoom in and out of the document easily. The fit option is another way where the contents can be enlarged.
Check out How to share word documents online
How to enlarge Microsoft word online?
This section takes you through the various ways in which you can enlarge or zoom into a document. Here is how it is done
- Start by opening the document that needs to be viewed. This can be a document saved on the drive or one that you are creating. either way, documents are available on wordonline.com or officeonline.com
- Login to your account and access the document you would like to view
- Once you have the document open start by clicking on the View option in the top ribbon.
- Under View, you can change the view of the document you are working on or use the zoom option
- To zoom in and out of the document using the zoom option you will need to click on the arrow near the zoom percentage.
- Clicking the arrow will give you access to a wide range of zooming options. Right from 50% to 200%. Word online also enables users to enlarge the document enough to fit the page using the Fit option.
While using the zoom option you can start by 120 and go up as per your requirements.
Read How to use the approximate symbol in word online
How to zoom out of a document in word online?
When you are using the view option to zoom in or enlarge a document here is how you can zoom out.
- Start by opening the document and clicking on the View option on the top ribbon
- You will now need to click on the arrow against the zoom %
- Select a lower percentage as compared to the one selected.
- For example, if you have 150% selected bring it down to 100% or 50%
Please note that the default view in most cases is 100%
Read How to insert a table of content in word online
How do you enlarge the screen on Microsoft Word?
Another way to enlarge a document in Microsoft Word online is by using the zoom bar located at the bottom of the screen. here is all you need to know about how it’s done.
- Start by accessing the document that needs to be enlarged or formatted.
- There is a bar on the bottom right of your screen
- You can zoom in and out of the document using the + and – buttons.
- You could also use the slider, but the changes are generally rapid. If you are looking for a slower progression use the keys, if not use the slider.
The second option to zoom into the document you are working on is by using the % sign. Here is how it is done.
- Start by moving the mouse arrow to the bottom of the screen near the zoom slider.
- You will see a % sign near it. Click it
- You will now have various options that will pop in the form of a menu.
- Click the Zoom percentage from the list and select it.
- Click on OK to finalize the selection.
- Your document will now zoom in or out based on your selection.
The third option is to use the Fit option
- The Fir option is located on the bottom ribbon near the zoom slider.
- This option is great when you need the document to fit the screen.
- All you need to do is click on the option and the screen will transform instantly.
Similar article How to set default font in word online
How do I make Word Online bigger on mobile?
Here is how you can zoom in and out of Word documents on your Android device.
- Start by opening the document on the Word application on your phone.
- Once you have the document select the editing option to enable editing.
- Tap on the arrow near Home for the menu
- From among the options click on View.
- From the different options available use the Zoom in to compress or shrink the document. The Zoom out option can be used to enlarge the contents.
On Android phones or tablets you can zoom in and out of the document by pinching the screen. The ‘Pinch in’ and ‘expand’ are the easiest way to shrink and enlarge documents using gestures.
Read How to add different headers in word online?
Frequently asked questions
If you are working on word online and find it difficult to zoom you might have reached the maximum zooming limit. to check the zoom percentage go to view and check for the number near zoom. The zoom % can also be checked from the sidebar on the bottom ribbon.
To enlarge documents on your iOS phone or tablet start by tapping on the edit menu. you will then need to go to View in the home menu. Under View, you can find the zoom in and zoom out options. You can also pinch in and out on the screen to zoom in and out,
Sometimes we need to zoom in and out of the document to have a clear picture of the contents. this can be paying close attention to the edits to be made or just focusing on certain portions of the document using the isolation technique. This tutorial article took you through
- How to enlarge Microsoft word online
- Steps to follow when attempting to zoom in and out of a document on word online
- Using the word application on phones to enlarge content.
- troubleshooting a document that you cannot zoom into
Hope you found this tutorial helpful. You can check similar articles here
- How to email from word online
- How to show ruler in word online
- Understanding how to insert an online video on word online
- How do I make a word search online?
- How to convert a word file to PDF for free online
- Steps on how to save a Microsoft word document online?
- How to unlock for shared use word online
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.