The double space formatting option in Word is used to increase the space between the lines of text. This formatting option is particularly helpful for teachers and editors to mark or comment on the text. Let us in this tutorial look at how to double space in word online.
How to double space in word online? The double-spacing option in word online can be found under the Layout tab in the spacing section. Here you can customize the amount of space required between lines in your document.
How to double space in word?
Before formatting, a document it is important to select the text. If the option is selected without text selection it wouldn’t change the format of preexisting text.
Step 1 – Select the text that needs to be formatted.
To select text simply left-click on the word you want to start with and drag down to the last word without releasing the click.
If all the text on the document needs to be selected using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + A is the best option.
if you are planning to type the content directly on the word online document the formatting option can be selected before you start typing.
Step 2 – click on Layout
The layout option has intricate formatting details that can be used. Click on Layout. You will see a list of options like margins, orientation, size, Indent, and Spacing. At the bottom of the panel
This will open a popup menu
Step 3 – Select the Double option
The popup menu has a number of formatting options from alignment to spacing. From here you can make the desired alterations to the text.
Go to Line spacing and click on the downward arrow. This will open a dropdown menu. From the menu select Double.
Click OK before closing the popup.
After completion, your text should look like this.
How to double space Microsoft word documents for Mac?
Microsoft word documents are used in almost every office, school, or organization hence having a Mac need not be the reason why you cannot edit or format a document.
Here is how you can change the line spacing of a Microsoft word document and add double spacing.
- Open the word online document on your mac system. This will require logging into your Microsoft account. You can either choose to save your password or not.
- If you need to double space the entire document remember to select the entire text. This can be done by clicking Select All from the Edit menu. If you need to double space only a portion of the text simply select by clicking and dragging the cursor across the text that needs to be selected.
- Once you have the text selected go to the Format menu
- Select Paragraph
- In the Line spacing menu select Double. This menu has a various options available you can either choose double or another option if required.
- Click OK
In this manner, you can easily change the line spacing of an online word document on your Mac system.
How to double space in word online from an Android device?
with smartphones becoming the epicenter of businesses as well as studies here is a quick guide on how to format a word online document using double space.
To format texton word online on your mobile device. Go to office.com and select the file that needs to be edited. The files saved on one drive will show up after you have logged in.
There is also an option to download the app. this will help save passwords and you won’t have to reenter it every time you want to edit a document.
- Open the file that needs to be formatted
- Once the file is open select the text that you need double spaced. on the phone the selection features between tabs that can be moved around easily. simply drag and move them across the document.
- To open the editing options click on the A with a Pencil shaped icon on the right corner or on top of your screen. the position depends on your device and the android version used.
- You will now have a menu on the bottom of the screen. This includes home and a extension arrows.
- See that Home is selected
- Scroll down until you find Paragraph Formatting
- Click on the arrow on the right to reveal the formatting options available
- Click on line spacing. You will have a number indicating the space.
- Click on the arrow and you will get a list of space oprions available
- Select 2.0
- Go back using the back button either on the phone or the back to previous menu arrows.
- Close the editing bar using the back button.
- Do not forget to click the check / tick option on the left corner before closing the editing options. This will ensure that the formatting is saved.
- Once done the text should look like this with more space in between lines.
How to remove double space in word?
You can follow the following steps to remove double space
- Select the text that needs to be formatted
- Go to layout on the tools bar
- Click on the small arrow on the bottom of the menu near spacing
- this will open a pop up window
- Go to the line spacing section and click on the arrow to open the dropdown menu
- Select Single from the menu.
- Click OK before closing the popup menu.
1. Click the design tab
2. Click paragraph spacing
3. Click on double
To remove double spacing in Word online on a Mac system. Go to the Format menu select Paragraph, go to line spacing and reduce the spacing to 1
Related Microsoft word online tutorials:
- How to track changes in word online?
- How to sign a document in Word Online?
- How to add fonts to word online?
- How to insert shapes in Microsoft word online?
- How to print from word online?
- How to delete section break in word online?
- How do I make a word search online?
This tutorial was a step to step guide on how to add and remove double space in word online.
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.