Word online is a great tool for collaboration and deletion is part of the creation process. So How to delete a document in word online? In this tutorial, we will look at how to delete documents in word online.
How to delete documents in word online? Open the folder that contains all the documents you have created and edited. Right-click on the document you want to delete. Select the Delete option from the dropdown menu.
Deleting a document in word online
Step-1: locate the word online file you would like to delete
Word online stores files on the cloud as opposed to the files you save on your computer.
Just like files on your computer you have files that show up on the homepage as recent files and the others can be located from folders. Read on to know how to find a word online document.
To open the file location, click on the 3 dots on the right side and select the Open file location option
Step-2: Open the folder the document is in
As mentioned in the previous step open the file location and locate the file.
If for some reason you cannot see the document in the Recent, Pinned, or Shared with me section click on the More in drive option. This will take you to your one-drive account with all the documents.
from here you can select the file you want to delete.
Step-3: Deleting the document selected
Once you have the file in front of you there are two ways in which the file can be deleted
Option 1: select the word online document you want to delete. and you will have options that come up automatically.
From these select, the Delete option, and your file will be deleted.
Option 2: Right-click the word document you would like to delete. Doing this will prompt a drop-down menu. From this menu select the Delete option.
How to permanently delete a document?
once you have deleted a word online document from one drive the folder is still recoverable. This is because the documents is moved to the Recycle Bin.
In order to permanently delete the document from word online, it is important to clear the recycle bin. Here is how it is done.
- Find Recycle bin on the main page. It’s located on the left side of the screen.
- All the documents deleted will show up on the right.
- Select the document or documents you would like to delete
- From these you can choose to either Restore or permanently delete the documents.
- To Delete select the Empty Recycle Bin option
Here is a quick guide on how to find the document.
How to delete word online documents on iOS?
Follow these steps to delete a word online document from your iOS device
- Open one drive on your device.
- You can do this by first installing the app on the phone and logging into your account. If you do not want to download the app all you need to do is go to the browser and login to one drive.
- Once you have logged in to the drive search the document you wat to delete.
- If the document was opened recently it will show in the recent documents tab.
- If not, you will have to look for it in the main folder
- You can always use the search option to locate the document
- Once you locate the document select it and click on Delete
- To permanently delete the document, go to the recycle bin
- You will see your file there select the document or all contents of the recycle folder
- Empty the recycle bin or permanently delete the document.
How to delete word online documents on android?
Follow these steps to delete a word online document from your android device.
- Open the one drive app on your phone if you dont have the app login to one drive from teh browser
- You will see all the documents and folders created and saved on the drive
- Search for the document you want to delete
- You can use the search button to locate the document faster
- Once you have the document a long hold will select it
- Once you select the document a delete option will show up
- Simply click on it to delete the document
- Once deleted go to the section titled Me
- Here you will find the recycle bin
- Either empty the bin or delete a specific document from the folder
How to find a word online document?
Deleting a document that is not needed seems like an easy task. It actually is but the first step towards deleting a word online document is locating it. it can get confusing with all the options available sometimes.
Here is how you can easily locate word online documents saved on the cloud.
When logged into office.com and launch word you will find a list of options this includes an option to create a new blank document and a few templates to choose from. Below these editing options, you will find
- Recent documents – documents you have recently viewed or edited.
- Pinned – documents that have been pinned and
- Shared with me – these have collaborated documents, the ones you will be able to either only read or edit depending on the permissions given.
If you cannot find the word document on the home page select the More in OneDrive option. Once you locate the document you can delete it easily.
Related word online tutorials:
- How to insert a line in word online?
- How to insert equation in word online?
- Different chart types available in Word Online
- How to share word documents online
- How to put text over a picture in word online
- How do I wrap text in word online?
I hope you will get the answer to the below questions:
- How to delete a document in word online
- How to delete a document in Microsoft office online
- How to delete a document in Microsoft word online
- How do you delete a document in word online
- How to delete a word document in office 365 online
- Microsoft word online delete word document
- how to delete documents on office 365 online
- How do I delete a document from Word Online
- How to delete a word doc in office 365
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.