Have you ever had a word document that needed to be converted into a PDF before sharing? Were you unsure of how to do it? Don’t worry we have you covered. This article takes you through how to convert a word file to PDF for free online.
How to convert Word file to PDF for free online? To convert a word online file as a PDF you can either save it to your computer using the save as option > change the format to PDF and select save. Alternatively, you could go to the print option under File and convert the file from there.
Converting a word online file to PDF
Word online is convenient when it comes to collaborating with colleagues or working remotely from multiple devices. Here is how you can convert a word document into PDF without stress. On Windows devices, you can change the format of a Word document to PDF using two methods.
Read How to delete a document in word online?
Converting word documents to PDF using the Save as option
The simplest way to convert a word online document to PDF is by using the Save as option. Here is a step to step guide on how it can be done.
- Open the word online document you would like to convert to PDF. Either access the document from the onedrive folder or go to officeonline.com.
- The save as option in word online is in the File menu
- Click on File you will be redirected to the main page of the word online document.
- Go down to the Save as option
- You will now have have a list of options to choose from
- Choose the Download as PDF option
- A pop-up menu willl give you options on the locations you can save the file in
- Choose the saving location
- You will also need to change the name of the file (If required)
- Click on Save and a PDF version of the word online document will be saved on your computer.
Read How to double space in word online?
Using the Print option to convert word online documents to PDF
The second way in which you can convert a word online document to PDF is by using the print option. Here is how you can convert a document to PDF using Print
- The Print option in word online is under the File menu
- Open the document you would like to convert
- Select File from the main ribbon
- Go down to the Print option
- On the right side you will have a Print option
- Click on it to select
Choosing the Print option will open a print preview and options on the right.
- The first option on the right is destination. This is the most important when it comes to converting the file.
- Clicking on the destination option will open a dropdown menu
- Choose Save as PDF from the list
- The pages options can be used to specify the pages that you would like to add in the PDF version of the file.
- You can either select All – this will include all the pages in the PDF file
- The second option is Custom – here you can specify the page numbers to add in the PDF file
- After you are satisfied with the selection click on the Save option
Read How to insert screenshots in word online
How to convert word online documents to PDF on Android devices?
Mobile devices have become a convenient mode to work on the go. here is how you can convert a document to PDF from your phone.
- Open the document that you would like to convert. This can be done from the one drive application or by using the brouser.
- Select the print option by tapping on the three dots on the top panel of the document
- Once you select the dots you will options in a menu at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Print from the list
- you will now have a print preview open on your screen
- Tap on the PDF option on the top right corner of the screen.
- you will now have a popup on where you want the file to be saved
- select the dectination and select save.
- On some devices you will not have an option to select the destination folder. For such devices go to the default downloads folder and the document should be there.
Read How to share word documents online
Converting word online documents to PDF on Android devices?
To save a word online document as a PDF document on an iOS device is simple. You can use the Print option. Follow these steps to know how it’s done.
- Open the word online document that you would like to convert.
- Go to the print option under the extended options on your phone or iPad.
- Selecting the Print option will open the PDF
- From here you can save the document as a PDF on your device
Another option when it comes to iOS devices you can also to download a Word to PDF converter from the store. To convert a document using converter applications follow these steps
- Open the document on your phone
- Download the document on your device
- Now open the file from the converter application
- You can now convert the saved document using the application
Read How to insert a table of content in word online
Frequently asked questions
While working on word online on a Mac device you can save documents as a PDF by clicking on the save as option. This can be done by clicking on the Save as option and selecting the Save as PDF option. This will prompt where to save the document on your computer. Choose the destination folder and click on the save option.
You can also choose the Print option and save the document as a PDF from there.
Hope you found this article useful, it took you through
- How to convert a word file to PDF for free online
- Converting a word online file to PDF
- Converting word documents to PDF using the Save as option
- Using the Print option to convert word online documents to PDF
- How to convert word online documents to PDF on Android devices?
- Converting word online documents to PDF on Android devices?
- How to convert word online documents on Mac devices?
Check out other articles here
- How to insert a cover page in word online
- How to save a Microsoft word document online?
- Word document shortcut keys for mac
- How to set default font in word online
- How to change the file name on word online
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.