Most documents need a standard white background with black text. In some cases, though you have other requirements, this includes the color of the text or the page itself. In this tutorial, we look at how to change your page color in word online.
To change your page color in word online, click on the Design tab in your desktop application. You can then click on the Page Color option and select the color you would like to change the page to. In word online you can use a table cell and change the color.
How to change your page color in word online?
As word online comes with limited features and editing options, there is no background change tab. But you can surely work around this by following these simple steps.
- Start by opening a new word online document. This can be done by signing in to the website. or logging on to officeonline and creating a word document from there.
- once you have the document in front of you click on Insert in the top ribbon.
- Now Click on table
- Insert a single cell from the table menu.
- A cell (more like a slender box) will appear on your document.
- move the mouse to the bottom line of the cell and it will change to an =.
- Now drag this and increase the size of the cell till it covers the entire page.
- Once the cell has covered the page. Click inside
- You will have the Table menu on the top ribbon.
- Click on it to reveal formatting options for the table.
- Select the cell shading option
- Choose from the colors available or you can look for more colors by clicking on More colors.
- Once you click on the color the cell will change color
- You can then type in text and format the document as usual.
Check out this tutorial article on How to move pictures in word online?
How to make background of a word online doc black
If you are looking to turn the background color of your page to a specific color in word online, follow these steps.
- Open the document you would like to edit on the desktop application. You can search for the document in the files on your computer or the OneDrive folder if the file is uploaded. You can also open a new blank document to work on.
- Once you have the document open click on Design on the top ribbon
- Here you will see a number of options to format the page you are working on
- On the evtreme right under the Page background section click on Page Color
- You will now have different colours to choose from select Black.
- The page will change color instantly.
Read How to insert online pictures in word online
Steps on how to change page color in word online on mac
Changing the background color of a document is not a difficult task. Here are the steps you can follow to change the background color of a document on a mac device.
- Start by opening word on your device. You can use a saved document or create a new blank document.
- Once you have the document open, click on design in the top ribbon.
- Under design select Page Color
- Choose the color you want to add. If you do not like the colors available you can click on More Colors. This will give you access to the colorwheel from where you can choose the color you prefer.
Tips on how to remove background color in word
Here is how you can remove the background color in word online:
- Start by opening the word document you would like to work on. As this can be done on the desktop application you will find the file locally saved on the computer.
- Once you have the file open, click on Design in the top ribbon.
- Under design click on Page color
- You will not have a list of colors to choose from in the form of a palette. Under these you will find a No Color
- Click on No Color to remove the background color of your word document.
Read How to show white space in word online
Frequently asked questions
To remove the background color of a particular document follows these steps.
Start by clicking on the Design tab on the top ribbon. Now click on Page Color. under the color chart, you will see an option called No color. On selecting No COlor your page will go back to being white.
when using an android device you cannot change the color of the document directly. There is no design tab to click on or an option to fill the page with color. This being said you can use the table option to change the background color.
Start by inserting a single cell in the document. increase the size to fit the page. you can then go into the formatting options and change the color of the cell in turn changing the color of the document.
Changing the background color as a major tab is not available on word online. But you can still have a word around in the form of a table cell. all you need to do is insert one cell in the document, increase the size to fit the document, and change the color using the formatting tools.
Hope you found this article interesting and useful. It took you through
- How to change your page color in online word?
- How to make the background of a word online doc black
- Steps on how to change the page color in word on mac
- Tips on how to remove background color in word
- How do you remove the background color on Mac?
- Can you change the background color on an android device?
You can check out similar tutorial articles here:
- How to add google fonts to word online
- Simple instructions on how to place text over an image word online
- A guide on how to change default setting in word online
- How to add a running head in word online
- Undertanding how to transfer files to word online
- How to check who has access to word online
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.