While creating and editing documents in word online there are pre-installed fonts to use. You can, however, use google fonts to break the monotony of regular fonts. This tutorial takes you through how to add google fonts to word online.
To add Google fonts to word online, first, download google fonts from the website and save them to your computer. Once they are installed they can be used on the desktop application with ease. when it comes to using them in word online you cannot upload them but you can sear the font name and you can use it if saved on the system.
How to add google fonts to word online?
Let us check out, how to use google fonts in word online?
To download a google fonts users need to login to the website or simply run a basic google search.
- Start by logging on to fonts.google.com or sear google fonts in the search bar.
- Hit Enter
- Double click to open Google Fonts: Browse Fonts
- Once the website is open make sure you are int he Fonts section
- The website has various fonts to choose from. All you need to do is scroll through the fonts on the list and select the one you like.
- You can also search for a particularly Font using the search option on top of the screen.
- Once you find a font you like Double click it
We chose the font ‘Hurricane’
- The gont you select will open in a new window.
- Here you can see how the font looks, the Glyphs or how the letters of the alphabet look individually and also a little about the font and the creator.
- On the right side of the page you will find a ‘Download Family’ option. Click on it
- Your font or font family will start downloading.
Read How to change default setting in word online
Steps on how to install a font on your computer
Open the file menu and you will see the Font is in a zip folder.
- Double click the folder to open it
- You will see an ‘Extract all‘ option on the top bar. Click on it
- You will now have a pop up menu where you can specify where on the computer you would like to save the font. Select the location and click Extract.
Once the font is extracted you will have a new window with the extracted file open.
The extracted window looks a little different you will see just the name of the font and a view tab.
- Double click on the name of the font to open it
- You will get a popup window. This window displays how the font will look when you type using different font sizes.
- If it suits your needs perfectly, click on the Install button
Close the window once you finish installing. The font will now be part of your computer’s font collection.
Related article: How to sign a document in Word Online?
How to use google fonts in Word?
The google font downloaded and installed will automatically become part of the Word desktop font list. Here is how you can use the font
- Open a word document on your computer
- Click on the home tab
- Go to the font section
- Start typing the name of the font
- The font will showup on the list. Click the font name to activate.
Check out this article on How to insert text box in word online?
How to use google fonts on word online?
Unlike the desktop application Word online does not show the newly installed font on the list.
- To check you can go to the Home tab
- Click on the font section and scroll down the list.
But as the font is already saved on your system it can still be used on the web application. here is how to use it.
To use a font that’s installed on the computer you will need to remember the name it is saved as
- Click on Home and fo to the fonts section
- Type the name of the font you have downloaded
- You can either change the font of existing text by selecting it or you can start typing using the new font.
Read How to double space in word online?
Google Fonts Not Displaying in Email
The edits made to Word online using the Google fonts show on your computer but when you try sending it to someone the font disappeared? If this is something you are facing here is the solution.
- Start by saving the word online document on your computer.
- Now open the local version of the file using the desktop application
- Click on File on the top ribbon
- In the file menu go down to More
- Click on Options a popup menu will show on your screen
- Cilck on save
- Click on the box near Embed fonts in the file to enable it
- Now click OK
By doing this you will be able to see the font on all devices the document is sent to. You can also upload this to dive and use this version as the main version of your document.
Also, read How to place text over an image word online
Frequently asked questions
Yes, Google fonts can be easily integrated into word on mac systems. Simply log on to the website, download and install the fonts that you like. You can then use the font directly in the desktop application.
To use google fonts in Word online on your mac device follow these steps:
Start by opening the document you would like to edit or a new blank document. If you are editing the font of a text, the text will need to be highlighted first. font change can be done directly on a blank document.
Click on Home and go to the fonts section. Now type in the name of the font that has already been downloaded and installed.
Hope you found this tutorial article helpful. It took you through
- How to add google fonts to word online?
- Steps on how to install a font on your computer
- How to use google fonts in Word?
- How to use google fonts on word online?
- Google Fonts Not Displaying in Email
- Can you use google fonts on Mac systems?
- How to use google fonts in word online on Mac?
You can check out some of our other tutorial articles here
- How to do a hanging indent on word online?
- Steps on how to insert shapes in Microsoft word online
- A guide on how to insert a line in word online
- Steps on how to insert equation in word online
- How to separate pages in word online?
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.