While working on Word online you must have noticed that when you login to the Website you have a start screen. On this screen you have the templates you can choose from as well as a blank document option. This tutorial article answers the question: How do you open a blank document on a mac?
Here is how you can open a blank document on a Mac device. Start by logging into your Office online account by entering the id and password. From the pannel on the Left click on the Word icon. You will then see the open blank document option on the right. Click on it.
How do you open a blank document on a mac?
Here are the steps to follow to open a blank document in Word online on a mac system.
- Start by turning on your system and connecting to the internet
- You will then need to open a browser and log on to www.office.com
- Whether you have the paid subscription or the free one you will be directed to the Microsoft 365 paglogin page
- You can insert your Microsoft account login credentials and login
- Once you login you will be redirected to the homepage with the different programs listed in the left panel
- Scroll through the programs and click on the Word icon
- You will then be redirected to the Word homepage. Here you will find all the recent documents at the bottom and a creat new section at the top.
- Under Create new click on Blank document
How to create Word document on Mac?
Word is a universal software used at almost all offices and schools. Here are the steps you can follow if you would like to create a word document on your Mac system.
Creating a document on Mac using word online
- Open the browser on your device and login to Office.com
- login using your Microsoft ID and password
- You will be redirected to the Microsoft office homepage
- Here you will find all the programs listed on the left of the screen
- Click on the Word icon
- On the Right you will see the recent documents at the bottom of the page and the create new option on top
- Click on Blank Document.
Creating a document on Mac using Microsoft Word
If you already have word installed on your computer here are the steps you can follow to create a document.
- Select the “Finder” icon (the blue smiling face) in your Dock.
- You will have a window open with the files and programs on your computer.
- On the Left in the Panel you will see the Applications folder. Click on it
- On the left you will have all the applications installed on your computer. Find and click on Word
- On the home page click on Blank Document under Templates to create a new document. You can also use other templates
- Another way of creating a new document is by clicking on New in the left panel.
Another way to create a Word document on mac is by using the Spotlight search. Here are the steps you can follow
- Press the Command and Space keys on your keyboard together. This will launch the spotlight search
- In the search bar type in Word and press Return
- You will now have the Word homescreen open
- Click on New in the left panel or on Blank document under templates to create a new document.
Another way to find Word and create a document is by looking for it in the Launchpad.
How to open Word document on Mac?
To open a Word document on your mac computer you will either need to install the program or login to office online. Here are the steps you can follow.
Opening a Word document on Mac using MS Word
- Click on finder (the blue smiling face)
- You will then have a popup window
- Click on Applications in the left panel
- You will now have all the applications installed on the computer listen on the Right
- Click on word
- Once you have the Word Homescreen, Click on Open
- Locate the document and click on it to select
- Now Click on Open at the bottom of the menu to open in Word document.
Opening a Word document on Mac using Word online
- Open Word online by logging onto the website
- Click on Word in the left panel
- Now locate the document under the shared section if the document has been shared with you.
- You can also click All Documents to see the documents you have worked on.
How to type a letter on MacBook Air?
To type a letter in on a MacBook Air you will need to use a editing software that is preinstalled on the computer. If you are using word online here are the steps you can follow.
- Login to Office online and click on Word.
- You can then choose the letter format from the templates section
- If you wish you skip the template and create your own start by creating a new blank document.
- Now type in the contents of your email.
- Save the letter
- You can share it directly using the share option or send the letter as an email attachment.
How to open a Blank Document by Default in Word?
If you need to set a blank Word document as the default setting in Word you will need to change the application settings. The steps may differ from one version to the other but here are the steps for MS Word 2016 and later.
- Open the Word application on your computer.
- It is important to open a blank document before you change the default settings. Create a new blank document by clicking on the icon.
- On Mac click on Word at the top of your screen.
- From the options available click on Preferences. You will now have a popup window.
- From the options click on View
- Find the Startup or New Document option and click on it
- On most Mac computers you will need to select New Document n or a similar option. After this click on Blank document.
- Save the changes by selecting Yes when you exit the document
- Now restart Word and you will notice that it opens with a new document.
This article tutorial looked at how do you open a blank document on a mac? As mentioned above you will need to login to your account. Then click on the Word icon and select blank document. If you are working on the desktop version find the program and open it. You can then select blank document from the home page.
Hope you found this article interesting and helpful. Check out similar articles here.
- How to edit a scanned document on a Mac?
- How to remove blank page in Word Online?
- How to insert micro symbol in word online?
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.