Save-the-date cards are a trend these days. Are you looking to create one but don’t have the technical know-how to create one on sophisticated software? Here is a tutorial article on how to create save the date in word online.
To create a save-the-date card using Word online start by opening Word. You can then go to the section titled New in the file menu or on the home screen. From here type cards in the template section. Select the template you like. It will then open as a word document. Make the necessary changes and save it.
How to create save the date in word online?
Here are the steps you can follow to create a save-the-date card using Word online.
- Login to office.com and open work online
- Click on New on the home screen. If you are using the desktop application, go to the file menu and click on New
- You will have various options on the right including blank documents and pre-made templates.
- Go to the search bar on the top of the screen
- Start typing cards and you will see all the templates available
- You can narrow the search by typing in Save the date cards
- The available options will pop up on your screen
- Click on the one you would like to use
- The Create option at the bottom will become clickable
- Click on it
- You will now have the templated selected in a word document
- Click on the sections that you would like to make changes to
- Add the text and images that you need to include in the card
- Save the document by clicking on Save in the File menu.
The save-the-date card can be edited at any time. You can also print the card directly from Word.
How to create save the date template in Word?
Here is how you can create a save the date template in Word
- Start by thinking of and choosing a theme. The event’s theme is the first aspect to consider when developing any invitation card.
- After choosing a theme, start creating a new document in Word.
- You can start with an existing template and then modify it or start with a new document and build your template from scratch.
- After you have created the template click on File in the top ribbon of the document
- Choose where you want to save the template. You will then have a popup menu
- Type in the name of the template
- Click on the section next to save as type. You will have a drop-down menu
- From the options click on Word Template
Your document will now be saved as a template that can be used at any time.
How to make save the date cards in Word?
- To make a save the date card in Word start by opening a new word document. This can be on the online version or the desktop application.
- Once you have the document open start by searching for templates on the home screen
- This can be done by searching for specific keywords. In this case “Cards” or “Save the date cards”. Hit Enter and you will have the results listed
- Click on the template to select.
- Now click on Create
- Once you have the template open you can make the desired changes.
- Import photo or clip art to your card design. Keep it simple to avoid too much clutter. The key information is the date of the occasion, who is invited and the venue is important.
- Run a test print of only one copy to ensure your cards print properly and don’t have typos or incorrect information.
How to make save the date in Mac?
To make a save the date card on mac here are the steps you can follow.
- Start by opening Word
- You can search for templates on the home screen by typing keywords in the search bar on top.
- Hit enter
- You will have all the available templates in front of you
- Click on the one you would like to edit
- You will now have the template in a word document
- Click on the sections that need to be edited.
- Delete the information present and add the desired text.
- Do this with all the sections
- Add pictures or clip art as desired
- Save the document
How to add picture to save the date card in Word?
Cards with only text are boring. To add a hint of flavor most designers prefer to add pictures or clip art. Here is how you can add a picture to the care you are creating in Word.
There are three ways to insert picture in Word
- Copy and paste
- Insert from file
- Insert from word’s clip art
Copy and paste image into card
The first method of inserting a picture into a Word document is to copy the graphic from another document or from the internet and then paste it directly into your document. Here are the steps to follow
- Go to the image that needs to be copied
- Select the image
- Right-click on the image and select Copy from the drop-down menu
- You can also use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl + C on Windows and Command + C on Mac
- Once the image is copied go to the card and click where you would like to paste the image
- Now right-click on the spot and select Past from the menu.
- You can also use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + V on Windows and Command + V on Mac.
Insert picture from file into card
If you have a graphic stored on your computer that you wish to use, you can insert it into your document by navigating to the file where it is located.
To insert a picture from a file, within Word’s top menu, navigate to:
- Click on the Insert tab in the top panel,
- Go to the section titled Picture
- Choose From File
- Find the picture you wish to insert.
- Click Insert to add it to your document.
Insert image from word art’s clip into card
All versions of Word come with a variety of clip art that can be inserted into documents. The clip art available to you will vary depending on the version of Word you are using.
- To insert clip art, navigate to the insert tab
- Go to Picture
- Choose From Clip Art
- Choose a Graphic
- Click Insert to insert it into your document
This tutorial article took you through how to create save the date in word online. It looked at how you can use pre-made templates to create a card as well as how to create your own template.
Hope you found this information helpful. Check out similar tutorial articles here.
- How to add fonts to word online?
- How to print from word online?
- separate pages in word online
- How to sign a document in Word Online?
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.