Have you received a PDF and then realized that you need to edit the contents? or do you have a pdf and need to use content from it? This tutorial article addressed this exact problem. It looks at how to change pdf to Word Online.
To convert a pdf to word locate the PDF. Right-click on the PDF and you will have a menu. Click on Open for more options. From the list choose Microsoft Word. The PDF will convert to a word file. You can then upload this file to Office online and open it using Word online.
How to change pdf to Word online?
To change a pdf to Word online you will need the desktop application. Here are the steps you can follow.
- Locate the PDF that you would like to use
- Right-click on the icon. You will have a dropdown menu
- From the options available click on Open with.
- You will have a menu on the right
- From the list select Microsoft Word.
The conversion will take some time but at the end, you will have a word document with the PDF contents. The next step is converting it into a Word online document. Here is how you can do it.
- Click on File in the top ribbon of the document.
- In the options, you will see a save as button
- Click on it and you will be redirected to the saving menu
- Enter a name and save the document in the One Drive folder on your computer.
- If you do not have one drive synced, you can manually save the document on your computer and upload it to One Drive.
Once the document is uploaded you will be able to access the document using Word online.
How to convert pdf to word without losing formatting?
While converting a PDF to word most of the time you lose the formatting. This section takes you through the process of converting a PDF to word without losing the formatting.
Start by downloading Adobe Acrobat from the official website. While using PDFs it is better to download software created to read, edit and perform other functions on PDFs. This program can also be used to convert PDFs to Word so that the formatting stays as it is. Here is a step to step guide on how to use Adobe Acrobat after downloading it.
- Install Adobe Acrobat on your computer. To install follow the steps as they pop up
- Locate and open the PDF that you need to convert. While opening the PDF be sure to open it in Adobe Acrobat.
- Click on File in the top panel
- Now click on Export from the list
- You will now have a list of formats to choose from. Click on ‘Microsoft Word Document’.
How can I edit a PDF in Word Online?
To edit a PDF using Word online it will first need to go through a conversion process. Once you have the contents exported to a word document you can easily edit it. Here is how it’s done.
- Locate and open the PDF that you would like to work on
- Once the PDF is open click on File in the top panel
- You will now have a drop-down menu with various options. Select Export from the list.
- You will now have a popup menu in front of you. Go to the format section and click on the arrows
- From the dropdown menu click on and select Microsoft Word. In some cases you might also see the text option.
- Once you have selected the format click on Save.
After you have converted the file to Word you can locate it and open it. Now use the formatting tools available in the top ribbon of the document to edit and format the document.
What is i love pdf to Word?
i love PDF is a free online tool that is used to convert PDF to Word online. Users can upload a PDF to the site and convert files instantly.
- Login to ilovepdf.com
- In the centre of the screen, you will see a red button asking you to select PDF file. By clicking on this you give the website permission to access the files on your computer.
- You will then have a popup window with the files saved on your computer.
- Type in the location of the file and you can select it.
- Once you have selected the file add it to the website by clicking on Open
- You will then have a preview of the file and on the right a menu with various options.
- At the bottom you will see a convert to Word option.
- Click on it and it will convert the PDF to a Word document.
How to convert pdf to editable pdf?
It is frustrating when someone sends you a pdf and you cannot edit or change the format. This section takes you through how to convert a pdf that is created by you into an editable pdf.
- Start by opening the PDF that you would like to format.
- Once you have the PDF open Click on File in the top panel.
- You will have a dropdown menu with various options to choose from. Click on Export.
- Once you click on Export you will have a popup window with different options
- Click on Permissions for more options
- You can now go through all the options available and check the boxes that apply.
- Make sure you uncheck the Require password to open the document option. This way the pdf won’t be password protected.
PDFs are common in the education as well as business world as they are considered a safe way to send documents. This article looked at how to convert a PDF into Word and edit it. It also looked at how to convert the PDF into a word online file that can be accessed from anywhere. Finally, it looked at how you can convert a PDF into an editable one.
You may also like the following word online tutorials:
- How to draw a line through text in Word Online?
- How to turn on spell check in Word Online?
- How to add line numbers in Word Online?
- How to double underline in Word Online?
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.