While typing out content in most cases it is difficult to think of the formatting it will require. You might type out a sentence and realize it needs to be in the upper case or lower. So what do you do, delete the text and type it again? Absolutely not. This tutorial article takes you through how to change all caps to lowercase in word online.
To change all caps to lower case on word online you need to select the text. Click on Home in the top ribbon of the document. In the font section, you will see the Change Case option. Click on it for the different cases. Click on Lowercase.
How to change all caps to lowercase in word online?
While working on Word online here is how you can change the case of text that is written in all caps.
- Log in to Word online by entering your credentials.
- Double-click on the document you would like to work on.
- Select the text that’s in all caps. Click on the first word and then drag the mouse without releasing the click. You can use the keyboard to select the text by keeping the shift key pressed and moving the cursor using the arrow keys.
- Once the text is selected you can click on Home in the top ribbon of the document.
- In the font section, you will see an Aa symbol. This is the Change Case option
- Click on it for a drop-down menu
- From the options available click on and select Lower case.
This is how to change all caps to lowercase in word online.
How to change capital letters to lowercase in Word for Mac?
When you are looking to change the text that is typed in all capital letters to lowercase in word for mac, here are the steps you can follow.
- On Mac go to finder and look for the document you would like to edit.
- Now select the text that you need to format. This can be done using the mouse and clicking and dragging across the text. You can also do it using the Shift and arrow keys to make a selection.
- Once the text is selected click on Home in the top ribbon of the document.
- Under the font section, you will see an Aa icon. Click on it
- You will now have a drop-down menu
- From the options available click on and select lowercase.
- The text you have selected will change to lowercase in the word document.
How do I change caps to lowercase without retyping in Windows?
If you are looking to change the text in your document from caps to Lower case in Windows here are the steps you can follow.
- Open the document you would like to edit by searching for it in Explorer and double-clicking.
- Select the text that needs to be formatted. Click and drag the mouse across the text to select. You can also use the Shift and arrow keys on the keyboard.
- Go to Home in the top ribbon of the document
- In the Fonts section, you will see the Change Case option. The symbol is Aa
- Click on it for more options
- Select lower case
This is how to change caps to lowercase without retyping in Windows.
Change text to sentence case
Sentence case in Word is where the first letter of the sentence is capital while the other words are in the lower case. In Word for Mac you can select the text that you would like to change > Click on Home in the top ribbon > go to Change Case > Select Sentence case.
Change text to All Caps or uppercase
We are all familiar with text that is in Uppercase. It’s when all the letters of a word or sentence are capitalized. If you want to change the text you are working on to uppercase select the text that you need to change. Now click on Home in the top ribbon > go to the fonts section > Click on Change Case > Select UPPERCASE
Capitalize Each Word of the text in the document
To Capitalize each word in the text means that every word will have the first letter capitalized while the others remain in the lower case. To Capitalize Each Word of the text in the document you are working on, select the text that needs to be formatted. Click on Home in the top ribbon > Select Change Case from under the font section > Click on and select Capitalize Each Word
Change text to toggle case
The toggle case is where the first letter of every word in the sentence or selected text is in the lower case while the rest of the word is in the Upper case. To format the selected text to toggle case go to Home in the top ribbon > click on Change case > from the options select tOGGLE cASE
How do you change text from lowercase to caps on Android?
If you would like to change the text that is in lower case in your document to caps on your Android device here are the steps to follow.
- Download the Word application for Android from the store
- Login using your credentials and sync the word online files, then Enable editing
- Select the text that needs to be formatted
- Open the Editing menu at the bottom
- Tap on Home to open the menu
- Scroll down to More Formatting and Tap on it to go to the next menu
- Tap on and select Change Case, then Select UPPER CASE
How do you change case in the Word app on iOS?
Here are the steps you can follow if you would like to change the case in Word online app for iOS.
- Download the word application for iOS from the store. Use your word online login credentials and sync all the files saved on the drive.
- Tap on the document you would like to format, then Enable editing
- Select the text that you need to format
- Go to the editing menu at the bottom
- Tap on Home
- Scroll through the Home menu to find More Formatting
- Tap on Change Case
- You will now have the different case options available, select the one you would like to use.
This tutorial took you through How to change all caps to lowercase in word online in a few simple steps. It also looked at changing text to all caps, sentence case, toggle case, and capitalizing each word. If you found this tutorial helpful check out similar articles here.
- How to do a hanging indent on word online?
- How to insert shapes in Microsoft word online?
- print addresses on envelopes on word online
- How to insert a line in word online?
- How to insert equation in word online?
My name is Carissa Gudino and I am an expert in word online, using Word Online in my day-to-day tasks. In this blog, I will share with you tips and tutorials on how to use word online to its fullest potential. I work for various clients in various countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, etc. My tutorials are designed to help beginners, as well as more experienced users, learn new tricks and tips on Microsoft word online. Check out more.